I wasn’t at SXSW (although I wish I had been), in fact I was following from afar, fervently trying to stay updated with the action via Twitter, and diligently adding the #notatsxsw hastag along with organising a breakfast with some fellow geeks here in Dubai to commiserate (thanks @MissGoogle @DanStuart @PKGulati). But maybe not being there gives you a different opinion, a chance to look at the lineup and try to find out what people thought about specific events, to follow-up with those whose opinion you value and then to try and read up about what people felt they learnt during those crazy few days in Austin.
So as I trawl the interwebs, reading the what I learnt and how it went posts, I’ve collected a few of them below – please feel free to add more in the comments.
- Idea overload via SxSWi by @edwardboches
- SXSW 2011: The internet is over by @oliverburkeman
- SXSWi Ends: Geo-Social Maturity, Celeb Influencers, Big Crowds by @ChrisClickZ
- Key Insights from SXSW 2011 by @bobpearson1845
- A SxSW Interactive Review by @rubymarcom
- Foursquare’s Naveen Selvadurai Gives “One Year Update” At SXSW 2011 by @getdonovan
- At SXSW, Advertising Was This Year’s Twitter, iPad 2 Was This Year’s Foursquare by Cristin Barriger
- SXSW’s Next Big Thing Summed Up in One Word: ‘Us’ by @ischafer
- 50 Things I Learned at SXSW Interactive 2011 by @GrahamSpector
- SXSW By The Numbers: iOS, Foursquare And GroupMe Emerge Victorious by @alexia
- 5 Digital Marketing Trends to Watch by @ashbrown
- Saying “SXSW Is Over” Is Over by @parislemon